The main objectives NAES are to:
- Enhance co-operation among the agricultural economists, and agricultural scientists, enhance and protect their professional rights and welfare;
- Assess the agricultural policies, development status and problems of farmers and other stakeholders for suggesting innovative solutions to all these concerned;
- Suggest to the public and the private agencies on marketing system, quality and prices of agricultural inputs and products for the welfare of producers, entrepreneurs and consumers;
- Provide research and consultative services to institutions and individuals;
- Enable members to carry out subject-related consultations and services; and
- Support and execute agricultural research on technical, social and economic aspects.